|Dates||Thursday, February 22–Saturday, February 24, 2018|
|Hours:||Thursday–Friday: 9:00 AM–6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM–2:30 PM
|Location:||Concourse Hall EF
Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90015
The Book and Trade Fair hosts more than 100 publishers, art materials manufacturers, and services for professionals in the field. Stop by to explore the products and talk directly to the exhibitors. Meet an editor, discover a great book, test a new brush, chat with authors, explore opportunities, and more!
- See the newest art books, journals, and magazines
- Attend book signings
- Test the latest materials and tools and watch demonstrations
- Discuss your book ideas with experienced art editors
- Meet the editors of The Art Bulletin, Art Journal, and caa.reviews
- Learn about new survey textbooks and teaching aids for your classroom
- Try out those brushes you’ve been eyeing and test the newest portable easel
- Investigate digital-image resources for your classroom or library
- Pick up brochures for programs in advanced degrees and foreign studies
- Join a national arts-advocacy organization
- Apply for a residency program
- Learn about academic testing and research firms
- Meet with representatives from professional associations
A wide variety of art materials will be on view, and many of the experts who manufacture them will be on hand to discuss their products, which include:
- Paints and brushes
- Graphic materials and graphic-design supplies
- Easels and tools
- Printmaking supplies
- Digital-studio supplies
Admission is FREE with your conference registration badge.
For those not registered for the full conference, Book and Trade Fair tickets are available onsite in the Second Floor Promenade registration area during the conference:
Member: $15 with credit card, check, or cash
Nonmember: $25 with credit card, check, or cash
INFORMATION FOR EXHIBITORS
Looking to promote your latest art publications and supplies? Need to recruit artists, scholars, and critics for your academic program or residency? Want to show your services to professionals in the visual arts? Exhibit in the Book and Trade Fair and connect with over 4,000 artists, art historians, curators, critics, designers, librarians, department chairs, academic administrators, students, and professionals in the visual arts, who will convene February 21–24, 2018, for CAA’s 106th Annual Conference. Find out all you need to know in the Exhibitor and Advertiser Prospectus, including a list of past exhibitors.
- Index and map listing in the Conference Program
- Listing and link on http://conference.collegeart.org and in the free conference mobile app
- Complimentary or reduced registration to over 300 conference sessions, exposing you to the trends in art, scholarship, and education
- Access to an online directory of conference attendees
- Discount on lodging at the conference hotels
- Three days of exhibit time
- A marketing opportunity rated “good to excellent” by 97 percent of past exhibitors
|October 31, 2017||Priority deadline for applications|
|December 8, 2017||Final deadline for applications with full payment|
|February 21, 2018
|Exhibitor load-in and set-up|
|February 22–23, 2018
|Exhibit open to attendees|
|February 24, 2018
|Exhibit open to attendees|
|February 24, 2018
|Exhibitor dismantle and load-out|
The Exhibit Hall is Concourse Hall EF, conveniently located in the West Hall side of the Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA, 90015. All conference sessions and meetings are headquartered in this central location, which will guarantee high visibility and heavy floor traffic for all exhibitors. Every attendee—each a potential buyer—will have ample opportunity to visit your booth in a relaxed environment.
|BOOTH PRICES AND PAYMENT|
|Single Standard Exhibit Booth||$1,350|
|Single Standard Aisle Corner Exhibit Booth||$1,450|
|Additional Standard Booths||$1,250|
|Half Standard Booth||$700|
|Tabletop Exhibits for qualified applicants*||$650|
|*SEE PAGE 8 OF THE EXHIBITOR AND ADVERTISER PROSPECTUS FOR INFORMATION|
All Standard Exhibit Booths are 10 feet wide by 8 feet deep and are furnished with a draped back wall (8 feet high) and draped side rails (3 feet high). A 7 by 44 inch identification sign with booth number is provided at no additional charge.
Half Standard Booth
For those exhibitors with limited space needs, CAA encourages no more than two unrelated companies to share a single exhibit booth. You can make your own arrangements with a booth partner or have CAA match you with another company. Contact Paul Skiff, CAA assistant director of Annual Conference, for more details.
Prices for Standard and Half Standard Booths do not include the cost of furnishings, drayage, electrical or internet service, or labor. Please refer to the Exhibitor and Advertiser Prospectus for more information.
The following types of exhibitors qualify for Tabletop Exhibits:
- A registered nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) status
- A publisher, distributor, wholesaler, retailer, or author with one to three titles to display
- A publisher of a periodical with circulation under 10,000 per issue
- An individual, educational, or business organization with one to three products, programs, or services to promote
Only one Tabletop Exhibit is allowed per applicant. The cost includes one 6–foot draped table, two chairs, and name sign, but does not include the cost of additional booth furnishings, drayage, electrical, internet, or labor.
*SEE PAGE 24 OF THE EXHIBITOR AND ADVERTISER PROSPECTUS FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THESE ADDITIONAL COSTS
Priority deadline for applications is October 31, 2017. Final deadline for applications with full payment is December 8, 2017.
Booth space assignment is based on a priority point system until October 31, 2017. Applications received after this date will be assigned space on a first-come, first-served basis. The contract on the application form describes the point system.
Exhibitors should carefully review the floor plan in the prospectus and select four priority booth choices in order of preference. If none of your choices is available, CAA will assign space as close as possible to your requested booth locations.
Jump to the top of the page